Pray, learn and dialogue together at Assembly
“What’s exciting and inspiring about the workshops and meetings at MWC’s Assembly are the learnings that one receives from hearing new experiences and different teachings for following Jesus Christ,” says Pablo Stucky, Mennonite World Conference regional representative for Latin America.
At an in-person event, registrants must choose one from a slate of compelling but competing workshop options. However, at this year’s online Assembly, registered participants will have access to videos of all workshops and plenary sessions for one month after the conclusion of Indonesia 2022.
In your choice from 50 workshops, learn about...
- peace building and witness in the context of hostility with Joseph K. Ngollah and Moses Munyoki from Eastleigh Fellowship in Kenya;
- peace work and the environment from David Lapp-Jost of Community Peacemakers Team;
- evangelical faith and the land of Israel from Bethlehem Bible College professor Alex Awad;
- Mennonite songs from Voice Together, the new Mennonite Church USA and Canada hymnal with Benjamin Bergey and Anneli Loepp Thiessen;
- adapting leadership and programs during COVID-19 by Arpit Kumar Kachhap and Jyothi Monalisa Bakhla of Bihar Mennonite Mandli of India;
- caring for refugees and migrants from Cesar Flores, Lizette Miranda and Bonnie Klassen of Mennonite Central Committee in Latin America;
- the emerging Global Anabaptist Peace Network with Andres Pacheco Lozano;
- ...and more
One of the biggest advantages of signing up for Assembly online is flexibility. Participants can use the workshops as a space for personal growth and learning and can also use the recorded workshops to facilitate
- Sunday school classes;
- small group discussions;
- youth group meetings and other events.
“Growing collectively as a global community of Anabaptists requires us to join together in prayer, dialogue and spaces for learning,” says Michael Darby, Assembly marketing & communications coordinator. “We hope to share with you in online workshops at Assembly.”
At this year’s Assembly, your registration not only gives you an all-access pass to the plenary speakers beamed to you from 5 different sites in Indonesia, the international choir singing old favourites and new hits, workshops with scholars and practitioners in the Anabaptist-Mennonite family but also video activities from the children and teen/youth program, a small group chat room to encounter new and old friends from around the world.
Register now at the Assembly registration site for your all-access pass.