Posted: May 10, 2021 | Category: Letter
Dear Young Anabaptists,
Grace and peace to you on behalf of the YABs (Young Anabaptists) Committee!
Since the last Global Youth Summit (GYS) that took place in Pennsylvania, USA during the summer of 2015, we have organized an annual YABs Fellowship Week during the third week of June to build on the opportunity to intentionally connect with and fellowship cross-culturally with young Anabaptists (ages 18-30) through Bible discussion, worship, prayer and the sharing of stories.
As the YABs committee, our vision is that on the foundation of our Anabaptist identity, through global and local networking, we can walk together, empowering and supporting each other as young Anabaptists in fellowship, decision-making and peace-making initiatives. Our Anabaptist community is small enough in the grand scheme of things that often we don’t realize we have a global community that shares our same roots in Anabaptism.
This year, our 6th annual YABs Fellowship Week continues to strengthen our global sense of Anabaptist community within the young adult context. During this week (20–26 June 2021) youth and young adult groups from all over the world can participate (see below) by sharing prayer requests and praise with each other, and discussing Scripture based on our theme, perseverance (Romans 5:3–5).
As young people, we are not just the future of the church, but the present. A diverse family, we all have gifts and lessons to offer in our local and global church, both as individuals and collective cultures.
So, consider this an official invitation to participate in YABs Fellowship Week so that we can teach and encourage each other. Although we can’t be together physically, we can take the time to worship together in spirit and in truth as we strive to live kingdom-focused lives in our respective cultures and countries.
How can you participate? Here are some suggestions below!
- Use and adapt the materials (Scripture, songs, discussion questions, prayer requests, testimonies, media, etc.) to your respective youth or young adult group that week. Watch for these materials to be available via Facebook and our website
- Share with us! It could be the impact of GYS, a story of how God is working in your local context, a meaningful worship song, a prayer or prayer request, etc. We want to be able to share these things on a broader scale so please send these to us via Facebook or by email at email@example.com
- Organize a YABs Fellowship Week event in your local community with other youth/young adult groups! Take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy fellowship within the broader Anabaptist community in your area/region. It doesn’t have to be complicated; just get together to worship, play, discuss and pray together.
- Join the discussion in a private Facebook group and meet other YABs from around the world and share conversations on our different perspectives. You can find the Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/younganabaptists There will be one or two YABs Zoom gatherings that week, so watch for details about those on our Facebook and Instagram!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay engaged via social media!
#YABs #globalfaithfamily #mwcmm #yabsprayer
- Send us feedback on YABs Fellowship Week after the event and submit input on future YABs projects.
Thank you for joining us in this endeavor! We eagerly anticipate hearing from you and are so grateful that God has blessed us with you all as a part of our global family!
May the peace of Christ be with you and may His Word dwell in you richly,
The YABs Committee
Please feel free to contact your regional YABs representative with any questions you may have.
Join the Conversation on Social Media